Sunday, December 21, 2014

Three years of Darian!

So yesterday we asked Darian how many years old he would be, and after much coaching he has learned to respond "three years old". If we're lucky, he will even look down at his hand for a few seconds trying to get his thumb to hold down his pinky, so that he can show three fingers. Of course, there was another time that he came up to mommy and told her that tomorrow he would be four years old, and illustrated it with all fingers on both hands… I guess there's still some work to do on the concepts. 


So the morning started getting ready for church, with Darian glowing from the first "happy birthday!" After church and while Darian was finishing his lunch, Kristin was able do successfully finish frosting the cupcakes discreetly and without Darian knowing what she was doing. It's a good thing we have a messy counter!


We then sang and blew out candles three or four times. I seriously don't think I've ever seen Darian glowing so much- it was way cool to see him feeling so special. I included both videos because I couldn't choose which one I liked the most.


After that we gave gifts - Eliora got him a little toy dragon and Kaela got him a glow-in-the-dark plastic snake.


And mommy and daddy got him a toy train set, which he was very excited about:

All in all, it was a very memorable day because I don't think I can remember ever seeing our little guy so happy and excited. He really brightens our lives so much and it was neat to know that we had made him feel special, and precious to witness first hand.

1 comment:

  1. Love your family. Kristin did you cut your hair? I wasn't to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete