Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Happy Birthday Eliora!

IMG_6208 

My little girl is now 4 years old, graduates from her car seat, goes to primary and is getting bigger and more beautiful each day.

To celebrate, I made her a princess cake.  We did a treasure hunt, opened presents, cake and ice cream.  It was a fun day.

IMG_6224 IMG_6233

The best part is the sparkler candles.  They didn’t say they would re-light, I just wanted them to sparkle.

As a side note, my cake decorating skills are improving.  For Kings Day, Lee gave me a cake decorating kit, I watched some videos and made my own fondant icing.

http://www.wilton.com/recipe/Rolled-Marshmallow-Fondant

It’s a far cry from her first birthday when I hoped to make a butterfly, but it came out more like a scary bat.

IMG_1638 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment